Candesartan what medicine? Have you ever heard of Candesartan’s drug name? Do you know what Candesartan medicine is? If someone is suffering from high blood pressure, the doctor may prescribe Candesartan medication to lower blood pressure. So it has been answered that Candesartan does not benefit? Candesartan drug is a drug used to treat hypertensive patients. Candesartan drug is a drug that is also used in patients with heart disease. Besides that, Candesartan’s benefit is to protect the kidneys from damage caused by diabetes. Candesartan composition is Canderin 8 mg.
If someone wants to consume Candesartan, he must follow the rules given by the doctor when starting treatment. The doctor will give the Candesartan dose according to the patient’s health condition. From the information above, you already know what benefits, functions, and Candesartan drugs are. If you want to know more about Candesartan’s composition, Candesartan’s benefits, methods of use and side effects of Candesartan, you can read more about the information below.
Name : Candesartan
Trade Name : Atacand, Canderin
Preparations : 8 mg tablet and 16 mg tablet
Class : ARB
Other ARB groups : Atacand, Avapro, Azilsartan, Benicar, Candesartan, Cozaar, Entresto, Eprosartan, Irbesartan, Losartan, Micardis, Olmesartan, Sacubitril / Valsartan, Telmisartan, Valsartan
For patients with high blood pressure, the required Candesartan dose is:
- 16 mg orally (PO, taken) every day, titrate to 8-32 mg every day PO OR is divided every 12 hours
For patients with congestive heart disease (CHF) (NYHA class II-IV & ejection fraction <40%)
- Initially 4 mg PO every day; Double dose doses every 2 weeks to 32 mg orally every day
- No Candesartan dose adjustment is needed for patients with mild renal impairment
- Start therapy at a lower Candesartan dose if moderate kidney damage.
In liver disorders:
- Mild decrease: No dose adjustment
- Moderate decline: Consider starting at a low dose
- Weight reduction: Contraindications.
Side Effects of Candesartan Drug Use
- Peripheral edema
- Stomach ache
- Back pain
- Chest pain
- Myocardial infarction
- Disturbed digestion
Report after Candesartan’s sale:
- Digestion: Abnormal liver function and hepatitis
- Hematology: Neutropenia, leukopenia, and agranulocytosis
- Immunology: Angioedema
- Metabolic disorders and nutritional disorders: Hyperkalemia, hyponatremia
- Respiratory system disorders: Cough
- Skin and complementary disorders: Pruritus, rash and urticaria
- Rare reports of rhabdomyolysis have been reported with the use of ARBs
Hard Warning for Candesartan Drug Use!
Stop using Candesartan as soon as possible when pregnancy is detected; affects the renin-angiotensin oligohydramnios system, which can cause fetal injury and death
- Severe liver disorders
- Do not give it together with aliskiren in patients with diabetes.
- History of angioedema
- Risk of hypotension, especially in hypovolemic / hyponatremic patients, administration of concurrent diuretics, dialysis, or during major surgery
- Kidney damage can occur
- Stop immediately with pregnancy (see hard warning)
- Be careful in patients with congestive heart failure; may need to adjust the dose
- Hyperkalemia can occur with kidney failure or drugs that increase potassium levels; monitor serum potassium levels regularly
- Blockade of the dual angiotensin renin system with ARBs, ACE inhibitors, or aliskiren is associated with an increased risk for changes in kidney function (including acute renal failure) compared to monotherapy
- Risk of anaphylactoid reactions and / or angioedema
- Be careful of liver disorders, hypercholesterolemia, hypercalcaemia, parathyroid disease, renal insufficiency, systemic lupus erythematosus, anuria
- Be careful in patients with aortic stenosis / mitral stenosis
- Be careful in patients with unilateral / bilateral unstented artery stenosis
- Babies <1 year old do not accept candesartan; because it can have an effect on the development of an immature kidney
- Exposure to in-utero neonates (when in utero): If oliguria or hypotension occurs, exchange transfusion or dialysis may be needed to reverse hypotension and / or replace impaired kidney function
Candesartan Drug Use in Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Conditions
Safety for pregnancy: category D.
Stop use immediately when pregnancy is detected, during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, the drug can work directly on the body’s renin-angiotensin system, which causes fetal damage such as hypotension, neonatal skull formation hypoplasia, anuria, reversible or irreversible kidney failure, and death.
Types of drug categories for pregnancy:
- Category A : Generally acceptable, has been through research in pregnant women, and shows no evidence of fetal damage
- Category B : May be accepted by pregnant women, has been through research in experimental animals but there is no direct research evidence in humans.
- Category C : Use carefully. Research in experimental animals shows risk and there is no direct research in humans
- Category D : Used if there are no other drugs that can be used, and in life-threatening conditions
- Category X : Don’t use it in pregnancy.
- NA Category : No information.
In nursing mothers, drugs are not known to enter breast milk or not, not recommended for use.